Sunday, April 22, 2007

An artist's website...


So I am not actually familiar with any artist or artistic movement's website because I don't seem to use the internet much. For this reason, I randomly selected Adam Sandler as my artist, and when I went to his website, I was pleasantly surprised. It has plenty of different menus that vary from Downloads and Games to News and Messages from Adam.

The messages are what really caught my attention and made me like Mr. Sandler even more. He posts videos for his fans in in which he may either share moments from his life, such as the cyst that his dog Meatball had or behind-the-scenes on one of his movie sets, to humorous little video skits that he makes with his friends. It comes across that Adam, despite his extraordinary success, is still very much a down-to-earth person that really appreciates his fans. The games section is also pretty fun since it offers a slew of shockwave games that are based on his movies, such as Monk Punch-Out and Poop Shooter. In addition to all of the wonderful features, the design layout and format of the site make it very easy to maneuver, while maintaining a simple aesthetic appeal.

Overall, through his website, people have an opportunity to get to know Adam on a surprisingly personal and fun level that is highly uncommon from someone with his celebrity status. It is quite refreshing to see an artist that really reaches out to his fans in the way that Adam has. If only more people in the entertainment industry could be like him.

To check this great site out, go to www.adamsandler.com.

No comments: